At our September meeting, our membership voted to approve the following items to be used for the care and comfort of hospital residents, patients and staff.
- Wheelchairs refurbishment $2,000 – $3,000 – 20 wheelchairs will be refurbished to extend their use.
- Roller Shades (2) ~ $1,000 – 1 will be installed in the staff room. the other will be installed in the sun room
- Small personal care items $5,000 – A fund was established at $ 5,000 initially, to supply residents without family with access to personal care such as haircuts, and nail and foot care. It will also be used to supply 100 mesh bath bags with pockets that can be attached to wheelchairs.
- New furniture for the sun room ~ $15,000.
- Plastic hand set ~ $10,200 – used for surgery on hand and wrist problems and skin cancer.
- Cystoscope ~ $12,100 – used to check bladders for problems
Estimated total spend ~ $43,600. Exact spend TBA when items are procured.